I am currently taking classes at a local community college, for reasons I don’t really want to go into right now, perhaps stupidly taking a full courseload (12 units for this semester). I am (re)discovering several things about myself:
- My community college is one of the best in the country, and I take irrational pride that my string of well-regarded institutions of higher learning continues, even if I didn’t actually have to do anything but fill out a form to get admitted.
- Laptops make doing schoolwork (especially papers) so much easier. How did we ever live without Google?
- I still get bored during movies.
- I need to record lectures now — trying to write notes isn’t really working for me. (One of my professors won’t let me record lectures. Damn. I am going to go to disability services and explain that my tremor makes taking notes difficult, and then maybe they can get her to let me record lectures. Worth a shot, anyway.)
- I can procrastinate on doing homework (like I am right now!) with the best of them. The difference now is that I have a son at home who is more than willing to nag me about homework and studying. I think he gets joy out of this: payback’s a bitch, sometimes.