While reviewing all my posts to compile my “Pat’s Gratitude Posts,” I realized that I had never finished the assignment given me by my therapist to find fifty reasons the world was a better place because I was in it. Between two posts I had compiled thirty-two. Here are a few more:
33. I have helped elect public officials who will act in the best interest of the public, and worked to pass laws which will benefit society. The one I am most proud of is Measure D in San Jose, which raised the minimum wage to ten dollars an hour.
34. I have worked to let people know that they have health insurance options, and how to get help.
35. I have developed — and shared — recipes for sour cream chocolate pie and cranberry-pineapple sauce.
36. I have driven hours in support of children’s musical and athletic endeavors.
37. I have visited a friend in jail (although I think that really only counts as being a good friend, still it is something).
Okay, so I’m down to thirteen. This is really hard.
Oh, and a bit of context — I should have explained this in the first post, but the title of these posts comes from It’s a Wonderful Life, in which Clarence the Angel shows George Bailey how much of a difference he has made in the world.