I am putting this here so I don’t have to keep looking it up:
- 1 package of peaches**, thawed
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- Make sure peaches are thoroughly thawed. They should be syrupy.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place butter in 9x 13 baking pan and place in oven to melt.
- Combine sugar, flour, and milk.
- Once melted, take the butter out of the oven and pour milk/flour mixture over butter.
- Spoon peaches over mixture.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
*This is pretty much Paula Deen’s recipe. I made a few changes. If you don’t have frozen peaches, you should follow it.
** I freeze peaches during the summer (a friend has a peach tree) using Alton Brown’s method, adapted so each bag of peaches has four cups p bag. The resulting peaches are used without adding any water or sugar. (I think you could also use canned peaches in syrup.)
- 4 cups peach slices
- 500 mg vitamin C, ground (spoons work well for this)
- 3/4 sugar
- Paprika optional (I might also use ginger)
- Mix sugar, vitamin C, and paprika in a gallon ziplock.
- Dump in peaches and shake thoroughly before placing in freezer.