I want to have a film festival. Beyond just the movies, though, I want to have symposia:
- “The undeserving poor”: analysis of poverty as portrayed in My Fair Lady and Oliver! with an emphasis on American views of poverty
- Movies that were surprisingly passed under the Hayes Code; or, how did a movie about a girl being groomed to be a courtesan (even if she ended up marrying)* get greenlit?
- Tale of two Henrys: Henry V — Olivier or Branagh?
- The sociological ramifications of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Meg and Esmarelda: forgotten Disney princesses
I think it could be fun. How about you? What would you suggest?